Ayurvedic (Abhyanga) Massage In Sydney
Ayurveda considers the skin an effective medium for delivering the beneficial effects of herbs to the body. During our Abhyanga Ayurvedic massage here in Sydney, your therapist will select an appropriate medicated oil for use during your massage according to your unique needs.
The oil will be warmed prior to use, and this temperature will be maintained throughout the massage.
Your therapist will also utilise specific strokes according to your individual body type and any presenting imbalances, to aid in the removal of tension and the systematic elimination of toxins.
Particular attention will also be paid to the 107 ‘marma points’ or energy centres that can become blocked or stagnant, helping to restore your body’s natural intelligence.
Ayurvedic massage incorporates hands, feet, front and back sides of the body, as well as the head and neck.
What are the benefits of Ayurvedic massage?
• Improves skin texture and tone
• Relieves muscle pain and joint stiffness
• Stabilises the nervous system
• Counters mental and physical fatigue, and aids with sleep
• Detoxifies the body and helps to remove impurities
• Reduces physical, mental, and emotional tension
• Balances the subtle energy body to ensure proper flow of prana throughout your system